What is the Tarjeta 65 in Andalucia?
The Tarjeta 65 in Andalucia is as discount card for the over 65’s. Issued by the the Junta de Andalucía, this incredibly useful card entitles the bearer to a wide range of discount and benefits, including:
- 24/7 Telecare telephone support to help over 65s live independently
- 50% discount on interurban bus tickets
- 30–55% discount on spectacles, frames and varifocals
- 30-35% discount on hearing aids
- Discounts on cultural and leisure events
- Free legal consultation
- Discounts on travel services
- Domestic grants
The Junta de Andalucia have published a full discount guide here.
Does the Tarjeta 65 cost anything?
No, it’s completely free of charge in Andalucia – just needs to be renewed (again, no charge) every five years.
Who is eligible for the Tarjeta 65
Not surprisingly, to get the card, you have to be over 65 and a permanent legal resident in Andalucia.
How do you apply for the Tarjeta 65?
You can apply online using a Digital Certificate or download and complete the application form and send it with copies of ID documents and proof of residency and address (padron certificate) to Consejería de Igualdad, Políticas Sociales y Conciliación- Apartado de Correos 1130 – 41080 Sevilla . Your card will be sent to you in the post.
Two types of Tarjeta 65 – Gold and Standard
Tarjeta 65 Standard – you just have to permanently and legally reside anywhere within Andalucia
Tarjeta 65 Oro – Gold – If you are on a limited income (75% or less of IPREM), you could be eligible for the Tarjeta 65 Oro (Gold) which along with all the benefits of the Standard card, offers extras such as discounts on the Dining Room Service at the Active Participation Centers run by the Andalusian Regional Government.
To find out more, visit the relevant pages on the Junta de Andalucia website.
Information about the Andalusian Telecare Services – 24/7 helpline and assistance to aid independent living.
What is the Andalusian Telecare Service? How is it used?
It is a personal monitoring system, delivered by the Andalusian Government and designed to offer peace of mind and practical assistance to those aged over 65 who want to continue to enjoy independent living but with the reassurance of having someone on call 24/7 should they need any help. Telecare offers:
- Direct and personalized attention to any type of need year round, 24/7
- Immediate response to emergency situations by mobilizing the necessary resources
- Notice to family members/loved ones if needed
- Follow-up after emergency situations
- Conversation and company in situations of loneliness
- Information on the benefits and services offered by the Andalusian Social Services System
- Periodic contact to offer information of interest and monitor status
- Reminders for specific activities, such as medical appointments and taking medication
- Free installation and maintenance of Telecare devices
How much does Telecare service cost?
Current charges are between €3.60 to €10.80 per month, and completely free of charge for certain groups (e.g. over 80 years old)
How to request registration and installation of Telecare services
By Telephone: Call 902 50 65 65 Monday to Friday, 8am-10pm, have your Tarjeta 65 to hand to quote the number.